Friday, December 04, 2009

How Trashy

No, I'm not talking about the ongoing Tiger Woods saga. I stopped over at the Greendale Mall to do some X-Mas browsing and while I didn't take the bus home, I did walk up the stairway that leads to the pickup point for the inbound bus.

This area was always somewhat messy back when I worked at the mall about 5 years ago, but it has gotten WAY out of hand in a relatively short amount of time.

Seriously, this is what awaits anyone taking the bus from the only shopping mall that remains within the city limits? I don't recall the area around the malls in Auburn or Marlborough looking anywhere near this awful. Of course, the Worcester RTA hasn't serviced the Solomon Pond Mall for quite a while.

Can you imagine the shitstorm that would erupt if the super-fancy Shoppes at Blackstone Valley in Millbury had a layer of trash surrounding their stop for the RTA service they finally managed to get last year? I'm not sure if it's the RTA or the city that is responsible for cleaning up this mess, but I will make it a point to find out in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

SFD said...

If the city can't be bothered to shovel all their sidewalks in the winter, how can they be bothered to pick up people's trash?